Wednesday, September 22, 2010

hardest part of writing

Whenever I get a new writing assignment for school, it usually takes me a while to think of what I want to say. I want to make sure I am on topic, give enough examples, and that it all flows together. Sometimes I have to use a new topic because my origional ideas dont form a long enough essay. Another thing I sometimes do is try to stretch out my paragraphs. I always worry that if I stretch them out, that they get too off topic.
The other issue I sometimes have is trying to give a short, clear, to-the-point paper. For example, in my psychology class we have to write a 2 paragraph paper on a suicide bomber. We have to use examples of why he thinks the way he thinks, and explain how he is influenced to become a suicide bomber. Its hard for me to make sure I have all my information down, but still only have 2 paragraphs.

2 comments:

  1. Quite a few people have problems with adding length to their papers because they're too short, but it seems like this would be pretty difficult too! Two paragraphs? that's it!? They must really want you to get straight to the point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same problems here, short, clear, and to the point without leaving too much detail out. There are times that I struggle between making my paper too long and explaining myself clearly and making it the required length and leaving possibly important details out which could hurt the understanding of the reader. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete