Wednesday, September 15, 2010

why i'm proud

Writing this paper, on my earliest memories of reading, really made me look back at how far I have come today. I am very proud of my accomplishments as a reader, and also as a writer. When I first wanted to learn how to read, I thought I would never understand. Today I dont even realize sometimes that I am reading! I am proud of this essay, just because I am glad to share my memories.  I love looking back and remembering how I felt. In this literacy narraitve, I had done just want I wanted to do...which is to explain to the reader exactally how I learned to read. I feel like I have written down the greatest memories that I have with reading, and that makes me proud of my paper.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel like I'm not reading at all as well. Reading is so intriguing and I really enjoy it. Sometimes I just get lost in the book that I put myself in the book. Now as far as writing goes, I don't like it but maybe that's because I'm not that good at. I'm glad that you are so excited about literature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree , some times it takes something kinda cheesy to get in touch with your past ...like writing a english paper! I think that this project has taken me back as well as help me advance as a writer in terms of getting all the requirements as well as going behind just to complete my thought! I not near as pumped as you are but im trying the positive attitude thing toward school ...so far this class is the only one im still positive abt haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminiscing was one of the best parts about writing this essay. I remembered a lot of things that I had forgotten. It is really surprising how natural reading becomes when you practice and learn. I love reading so this was easier than writing a whole essay just about writing. Good job on your essay! If a regular person were to read it they would be impressed.

    ReplyDelete