Wednesday, November 10, 2010
intro/conclusions
Thankfully, I have had english teachers that love to talk about writing intresting intros and conclusions. I like to think I am pretty strong at writing introductions. I have been taught to start with a question or some kind of sentence that grabs the readers attention. If I cant think of a way to start my essay, then I leave some space and start with the second paragraph. Once my paper is finished, I can usually think of something to use as a catchy intro. When writing a conclusion I just quickly refer to the main ideas in the paper, and end with the thesis statement if I have one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I write my introductions/conclusions in a similar fashion; only if I cannot think of an opening line I think of the information to be covered in the paper and what I am tyring to prove or disprove. After that is done I, of course, write the conclusion: Pretty effective methods
ReplyDeleteI often find myself skipping the intro and conclusion of my papers and coming back to them in the end. I've never been good at them, I'm just not creative enough. I have a lot of respect for people who can just come up with a good intro like it's nothing.
ReplyDelete