Friday, December 10, 2010

attitude towards writing

At the begining of this semester, I had never written papers in the formats like: IMRD, classical argument, or the summary/response. I had written similar formats, but not to the extent we did in this class. I feel like now I am compfortable with different writing styles, and for sure I am more aware of giving enough credit to the author. Just like the new writing styles I learned this semester, I also learned the different ways of using citation. Overall, my writing style is the same as it was before this class...but now I have learned new ways to present an essay.

4 comments:

  1. When I began at Delta, all those forms of writing were new to me too. But they definitely paid off and help me in class now! Although it's not always as fun, its a lot more professional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you Catherine! I do feel in way that i've learned different ways to write a paper but my writing will pretty much always be the same. I think we did do quite a bit with citation, but I feel that was something good that will most likely help us in the future. It was so much fun having this class with you... and i really appreciate all those times you helped me with my papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with everything you said!! My attitude towards writing hasn't changed much at all but the skills that we've been taught will help to make what we write more presentable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what you are saying. I got a deeper knowledge of different types of papers too. I think the practice with citation really helped some students brush up. I do think that some things in class were tedious but in the end it helped. Making papers more professional will help in the long run!

    ReplyDelete